Tip of the Day
Tuesday, June 18th 2013.
Klamath Sustainable Communities brings you today's tip to help you make the world a better place for our kids.
When you're shopping...
Check the energy rating on major appliances you buy.
( More Tips )
Welcome to the Klamath County Oregon
Green Welcome Wagon
Klamath County Economic Development Association and Klamath Sustainable Communities welcome you to Klamath County, Oregon, and our county seat, the City of Klamath Falls. We are leaders in the use of geothermal energy, which heats much of downtown Klamath Falls businesses and sidewalks and the Oregon Institute of Technology college campus. Our rural community has a growing number of organic farms. We are home to Collins Products, whose business practices are based on the Seven Steps movement. These are just a few examples of how we are moving forward to make our community sustainable.
This website is a tool to connect you to educational opportunities, events, business practices, lifestyles, web links, etc. that increase sustainability. Use our Directory to access the folks in the Basin who are doing what you are looking for. In some cases, we list the closest services when services are not available in the Klamath Basin.
You can find:
- individuals with special skills or knowledge;
- businesses that provide products or services related to sustainable living; and
- resources available through government, non-government, and educational organizations.
In addition to the Directory, we offer:
- Forums: We offer a general discussion forum and forums on special topics where you can discuss sustainable options for your life.
- Calendar: Where and when you can learn more or directly contribute to our sustainability.
- Tool Box: Know your carbon footprint, mix your compost properly . . . a series of tools to help you live sustainably.
- Re/Free Cycle: These special forums allow you to post things you have to sell or give away and things you need. The idea is to save natural resources by reusing things.
- Links: There are lots of helpful websites, here are a few.
- Contact Us: Need more information, help or contacts? Let us know.
Our website seeks to encourage sustainable behaviors that protect, restore, and maintain healthy, equitable, and sustainable communities, both human and natural, for the benefit of present and future residents of the greater Klamath Basin.